India has predominantly an agricultural economy. A large part of India is driven by agriculture industry. Almost all of the rural India is engaged in it. With an increase in technological development and advancements more & more sophisticated techniques are being made use of, which has made the youth of India focus on career which paves way towards agriculture.
Following are some of the fields in agriculture which can lead to a successful career:
• Agricultural communication-Within increase in commercialisation ,the small and the medium scale farmer is now getting out of its comfort zone and looking for more and more attractive buyers ,however he is still not aware of the new and engaging channels. The government of India wants more and more farmers to open up and make use of the agricultural communication. Agriculture communication involves designing brochures, books, manuals, advertisement, marketing material which can be used to sell the agricultural produce
• Agricultural distributor-When it comes to selling agricultural produce then it requires things like marketing, finance, advertising, packaging etc. All these activities together are taken care of by agricultural distributors. Agricultural distributors make sure that modern ways and techniques are made use of and public policies and safe environment is used to bring the best
• Agricultural education-Agriculture basically deal in agriculturalsciences,therefore students who have studies agriculture as a main stream can opt teaching as a career option and become a soil conservationist, educationsupervisor, qualityanalystsetc.
• Animal agriculture-many people often regard agriculture as plants and vegetation only however, agriculture also takes into consideration animal sciences. By studying animal sciences students can get into research and can also think of making a career in livestock management, animalgenetics, animalhusbandryetc.
• Food microbiologist- Food is now a days going through a lot of changes, there is a distinction between organic as well as non-organicfood. There are hybrid varieties of food which is produced and command different prices. The food scientist work in producing and improving the quality of the produce and also helps in deriving pesticides and organic material which helps in better fostering of the plant produce.Students can take up a career as a food chemist, food researcher etc.
• Food engineering-Another growing and very much in demand field of engineering is food engineering. Students who have an agricultural background with great problem solving skills can think of making a career in the field of bioprocessing, waste handling, machine designing and even implementation of irrigation techniques
• Soil conservationist-In order to foster good crop it is important to provide a good environment to the sampling, similar hold true for animals. Therefore it is important to provide all the nutrients right through inception. Soil conservationist and crop specialist help in monitoring the conditions and see if the conditions are viable enough for the produce to sustain. There are are various ways and methods to calculate the crop and its growth. These techniques are taught during the tenure of engineering to the students