College is that time of a person’s life which comes with a mix of feelings. Not only you feel excited but at the same time also have butterflies in your stomach. This is that time which gives you a variety of experiences and can make or break the rest of your life. Therefore, it is best to make the most out of your college life. Apart from earning yourself a degree, you get to acquire a lot of life skills which will prove to be very handy throughout your lifetime. You get to acquire confidence, financial independence and above all a career for yourself if you wish to start early.
Following are few of the tips for college students who are about start their most exciting phase of their life:
- Take Studies Seriously-First and foremost, neverforget, whyyou come to college have. The basic aim at coming to college is to get you a degree with flying colours. Therefore take your studies seriously
- Acquire New Hobbies-College is that phase of a person’s life which gives you enough time, therefore if you have been struggling to explore your hidden talents or wish to learn something new then ,college is the time to explore and learn
- Take A Part Time Job-There can be loads of new things which you would like to explore and most of them come at a cost. It’s not alwaysnice to ask money from parents therefore it’s a good idea to take a part time or a weekend job, this will not only provide you with some pocket money but will also make your learn something new.
- Take Care Of Your Health-Apart from venturing into new things remember to take care of your health. Learn to eat healthy and practice good habits.
- Take Care Of Your Financial Health-Apart from keeping good care of our biological and mental health also keep in mind financial health. Learn to budget your spending and limit your spending so that it does not start impacting you in a negative way. If you are able to make money by working part time then learn to save and invest in good things.
- Stay Away From Bad Company-College is the time when, people often fall prey of bad habits and bad company. Remember there is no harm in knowing everything but there may be great harm in indulging in everything. Always keep your aim very clear and that is to get yourself a degree and then get a successful career.
- Build Bonds With Your Seniors And Faculty Members-Since college is a new phase in your life and can bring in a huge change therefore, try to learn things from peoples past experiences.Try and build healthy relationships with professors and seniors. Not only they would guild you in the best possible manner but would also be very handy in sharing their notes and presentations.
- Learn To Socialise-Your board exams must have kept you neck deep in studies, college is very unlike school and there is a lot more than just getting good scores. This is that time of a person’s life where a person learns to socialise and learn various life skills. Therefore learn to understand people body language and learn to adapt with everybody according to circumstances.
- Improvise On Your Body Language And Confidence-The fact is that body language and confidence is the second most important thing after your degree which fetches you a job. Without the correct body language and right amount of confidence you will not be able to get the most lucrative career, therefore college is the right time to socialise with a variety of people and get yourself immense exposure which would in turn help you develop your confidence.
- Do Not Acquire Any Bad Habits-As mentionedabove, there is a very bright possibility that while socialising you might come under bad influence which might be very tempting, but it is wise to make yourself understand to stay away from bad habits and bad company
- Do Not Fear Change And Rejections-College is the best time to test the waters. Youngsters are often confused about their own strengths and various roles which might be offered to them while they are interviewing for their part time jobs. Do not get depressed if you are rejected for a job interview or are not very happy about the job you have been offered. Since this is a learning phase therefore all kind of experiences add on to your skills.
- Involve In Some Charity Work-Not many people realise that being associated with some charitable organisations open loads of doors, not only does it look good on your resume but will also help you known a lot of influential people who could helpyou give a great start. Apart from that helping somebody with your skills indeed is a very good thing
- Try Volunteering-If you have an interest in some field and want to learn few things then it’s not bad to walk on to them and ask for on the job training or volunteering. This will help you get a taste of what you are interested in
- Help Juniors-Just like you learn a lot from your seniors similarly helping your juniors also helps you with brushing with last year’scurriculum and build on your confidence.
- Keep In Touch With Your Old Friends And Family Members-With so much going on do not forget to keep in touch with your old ties. Keep them updated aboutwhat’s happening in your life and seek guidance from them
- Do Not Take Short Cuts-Agreed by burning the mid night oil life you might tend to get good grades but these will be short lived as when you actually move on to get a job you would be all lost. Therefore try and understand things and fundamentals which would stay with you for a lifetime
- Acquire New Life Skills-College life give you enough chances to learn new life skills,such as learn to do household chores, cooking, learning a new language,joining a motor driving school etc.These life skills are very essential and will stay with you throughout your life.