Fashion is very upcoming and advancing every minute. Due to increasing interest, there is a growing demand for fashion technologists in the industry. Keeping this in mind, there are many career opportunities which have arisen in the past and are expected to grow in the near future. There are various degree as well as diploma courses which are available which are acknowledged throughout the world that will train you to take up a great career in the Fashion Industry!
Following are some of the career opportunities which are available in this dynamic field:
- Fashion Designers- Becoming a Fashion designer is one of the most renounced job opportunities which students can pursue straight after college. Fashion designing means dealing, cutting and tailoring and bringing in new designs to apparel!
- Art Directors-Fashion also deals in advertising various products online in magazines and websites. It’s the job of an art director to visually style and images these products and places them so that they look visually appealing. Various artwork and layout helps the customer decide the kind of product they like.
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents-Buyers and purchasers help the organisation and retail houses to pick up the correct product keeping in mind the demand by the customers. They make sure that the fabric and the style is correct and also negotiate price for bulk purchase.
- Floral Designers-There are many kind of designs which are printed on fabric, one of the most common design is the floral design. Floral designers are fashion designers who specifically deal with cutting and placing of floral designs to making appealing patterns. They keep in mind the demand of customers, the colour scheme and the kind of fabric which would look good on them.
- Graphic Designers-Just like floral designers help decided floral designs which go on fabric, similarly graphic designer create graphics with the help of computer software. They help design format which can be printed on various print media such as brochures, magazine and high level reports.
- Industrial Designers-Another aspect of fashion is designing manufactured products and accessories such as watches, bracelet, appliances and toys which can be affixed to the garment. They can come in various products such as metal, plastic, precious stones etc. Industrial designers have to keep in mind the material of these accomplishments and see if they go well with the nature and design of the product.
- Jewellers, Precious Stone and Metal Workers-Just like apparel needs designing similarly jewellery, metalwork and intrinsic items need designing. Fashion designers who are specialised in designing of jewellery deal with cutting, adjusting and placement of precious and semi-precious stone to create jewellery.
- Models-Fashion designer who have a clear understanding of posing and making the design more appeal by their presentation can also become models. Many fashion designers have proved to become successful models as they are able to do complete justice to the design.
Keeping in mind the vast opportunities which are available after studying fashion technology ,it is indeed a very lucrative career option which is not only interesting but a very fulfilling job opportunity.