A student in India needs to clear the GATE exam in order to seek admission in several and science and Technology College in order to pursue post graduate courses in INDIA. Many esteem colleges such as the IITs, NITs, IIITs and regional engineering colleges make use of the scored secured in the GATE exam to provide admission to the students. It is one of the most important exams for aspirants and is highly competitive
Following are few of the tips and tricks which would help you get a good score in your entrance exam
- First and foremost in order to clear the GATE exam it is wise to get a complete and crisp idea of the syllabus which would be covered. There are several topics which are not a part of the GATE exam which are there in B.E/B.Tech course.
- GATE exam follow a pattern therefore in order to get an idea about the format and pattern, it is best to practise previous year question papers and sample papers. This would not only help you with time management but will also increase self-confidence.
- Do not take short cuts rather refer to standard books which aim at clarifying the fundamentals and goes deep into the learning. Do not refer to any book but make sure to refer to books which are written by renounced professors as the exam is prepared by people who are of high dignitaries.
- Though 3-4 months of preparation is enough to crack the GATE examination if you are already thorough with your B.E syllabus, however it is wise to give a year for preparation in order to get clear understanding of each topic
- Once you have gone through the sample papers you would get a brief idea about the pattern of the exam, accordingly you will be able to formulate your learning strategy.Try and analysis which all topics you are good at and which all topics require further understanding.
- Once you are sure that you are are thoroughly prepared then invest some time in reading tips and tricks written by students who have cleared the GATE previously. You will be able to learn from their past experiences which would give you a rough idea about how to sit for the exam.
- The best way to clear the GATE exam is through understanding, as the questions which come are application based and can be rather confusing, therefore do not waste your time in mugging up things rather try and understand the concept. If you are finding it difficult then there are special tuition classes which are available which focus specifically on GATE exam.
- Give yourself enough time, do not prepare in a rush. Always make sure that you are able to give more time to topics which you are week at. Since GATE exam has a combination of all kind of questions therefore it’s worthwhile to give more time to questions which require more hard work and you can leave the ones which you are pretty familiar with.
- Last but not the least, master time management. If you have not practised enough sample papers then it’s a possibility that you might find the exam very lengthy which will result in incompletion of the exam. Therefore after you have finished with your learning give enough time for practising which would help you maintain time keeping
We wish all aspirants the best of luck for GATE 2017!