What is Data Analytics?
In simple words, Data Analytics is the process of translating complex numbers, statistics, figures, into a simple report that a layman can understand.
Data Analytics is defined as a process of analysing humongous data sets to extract effective conclusions based on information available. Over the last few years, data analytics has become a very essential part of all organizations as it facilitates more informed decision making based on data analysis and research. Whereas Data Science is a multidisciplinary field that uses logical methods, processes and algorithms to extract knowledge and solutions from structured and unstructured data.
Data Analytics vs. Data Science
Find out the difference between Data Analytics and Data Science in the table below:
|Parameter||Data Science||Data Analytics|
|Purpose||To extract information and solutions||To find actionable data|
Skill set required for Data Analytics
- Able to analyse data
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Thorough understanding of computer software(s) like:
- Querying Language
- Scripting Language
- Statistical Language
- Good interpretive and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
Key Reasons to Become a Data Analyst
- Data Analysis is one of the most in-demand fields of coming decade.
- After the US, India is the second largest hub of jobs for data scientists.
- Job roles and positions are abundant.
- With the advent of automation, more and more routine jobs are getting automated.
- Greater need to provide user-custom experience.
Data Analytics: Eligibility Criteria
All those candidates who have passed 10+2 or higher secondary or equivalent examination in Non Medical with Physics, Chemistry and Math with at least 50% Marks (45% marks in case of candidate belonging to any Reserved Category) in aggregate from any Board recognized or established by Central/State Govt through a legislation.
Some of the software(s) taught in Data Analytics are:
- Hadoop (AWS)
- NodeXL- MeXL
Data Analytics: Job Sectors
Some of the sectors in which one can work after studying Data Analytics degree are:
- Data Assurance
- Higher Education
- Sales & Marketing
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality
Data Analytics: Top Job Roles
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
Data Analytics: Top Companies
- Fractal Analytics
- JP Morgan Chase
- ICICI Bank
- Kotak Mahindra
- Axis Bank
- Mu Sigma
- Deutsche Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Yes Bank
- Make My Trip
- Walmart Labs
- ZS Associates
Data Analytics: Syllabus
- Data analytics course-set consists of the following topics:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Probability & Statistics
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Business Fundamentals
- Data Visualization
- Statistical Analysis
- Forecasting Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Marketing & Pricing Analytics
- Social Network Analysis
- Retail & Customer Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
Data Analytics: Average Salary Range in India
- Experienced Data Scientist – ₹698,413 Per Annum
- Entry-Level Data Scientist- ₹500,000 Per Annum
- Entry-Level Data Engineer – ₹737,257 Per Annum
- Mid-Level Data Engineer – ₹1,218,983 Per Annum
- Experienced Data Engineer – ₹1,579,282 Per Annum
- Entry-Level Data Analyst – ₹396,128 Per Annum
- Mid-Level Data Analyst – ₹603,120 Per Annum
- Experienced Data Analyst – ₹900,000 Per Annum
*Note: The salary may depend on several factors, namely company size and its reputation, geographical location, employee’s qualifications, job position, and previous experience.
Why choose CGC Jhanjeri for B.Sc. Data Analytics?
As the need of data analytics is growing at a very fast pace, all organizations are getting ready to manage their huge volumes of data so that they don’t become obsolete. Therefore, CGC Jhanjeri through its futuristic B.Sc. Data Analytics program will teach advanced data analytics techniques to get insights to manage and improve huge databases. Our course-set will also teach:
- Pivots in Excel
- Simple Linear Regression
- Classification & Clustering
- Querying Language
- Scripting Language
- Statistical Language & many more
About CGC Jhanjeri
Established in 2012, CGC Jhanjeri is the youngest and most modern campus of Chandigarh Group of Colleges. The college is affiliated to I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU) Jalandhar and has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and respective statutory regulatory bodies of Govt. of India.
Since inception, the college has come a long way in its journey of delivering quality higher education at affordable fees. CGC Jhanjeri is today one of North India’s leading higher education providers that offer world-class education and endless placement opportunities to the students of all corners of the country. CGC Jhanjeri has strong international alliances, seasoned faculty who are alumni of IITs and IIMs, world-class research facilities, a highly supportive student environment and, most importantly, an educational portfolio that blends the theory and hands-on exposure effectively.