Common Admission Test (CAT) is just around the corner and students are getting more and more anxious to strengthen their preparation. Since CAT exam is very unpredictable hence there is always a sense of apprehensions. However, below are few tips that would help in easing out worry & nervousness and would make it an enjoyable experience to prepare for the entrance exam and come out with flying colours:
- Analyse Your Strengths And Weaknesses:Since the CAT exam consist of four parts namely Quant, Verbal, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation therefore it is very important to find out which your weak area is and which your strong area is. Concentrate more on your weaknesses and strengthen your areas which require more efforts as there is a minimum pass marks cutoff for each section. Even if you secure top marks in 3 of the section but fail to pass the all section, then you would not be able to secure a good percentile
- Be Thorough With Your Fundamentals:The CAT exam checks for in-depth understanding of the subject therefore cramping is not the solution rather you need to have a strong grasp of your fundamentals. It is best to go back to basics and practice the curriculum of 10+2 thoroughly before going on to the more tricky questions.
- Time Management– Since CAT exam is a time based exam therefore it is very important to build up speed without getting your questions wrong. One also needs to remember that there is negative marking for each wrong answer therefore one need to be very precise while giving an answer. Make sure you do not end up giving the wrong answer due to time pressure.
- Prepare For Changes– Every year CAT exam has seen some changes therefore be prepared and aware of the change happening this year, if any. There have been changes in regards to the time provided as well as changes in regards to switching from one section to another. With the help of the on screen timers, the candidate will be able to find out how much time is available to finish a particular section.
- Smart Work Rather Than Hard Work-The definition of success has changed in the last few years, more weightage and credit has been given to smart work than hard work. Therefore learn smart ways to do calculation, guess work and time management. Learn tricks and tips to work out the answer in the least possible time.
- Practise Past Year Sample Papers-In order to develop confidence and time management it is important to practise past year papers. This will not only give you an idea about the type of questions which appear in the exam but will also help you manage your time
- Relax– It is important to devote as much time as possible for preparation but at the same time it is also important to give some time for relaxation as it will help you gain self-confidence which is very important to crack the interview.