All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, definitely holds true especially in today’s world. Now a days students are so preoccupied with work and curriculum that they tend to ignore sports. In order to remain fit it is the responsibility of every educational institute to foster sports and make it a vital part of any educational program.
Following are some of the reasons why sports are important along with studies:
1. Community Representation: Indulging in sports bring about team spirit and thus community representation. Students who are a part of a team and represent their school or college go on to become active members of community in their future, whether it is in work front or in social life.
- Fitness: Due to negligence of physical activities it has been seen that, students lack stamina and are more prone to diseases. Sports improves metabolism and makes the body fit in order to bear the stress and pressure during mid age.
- Improved Academics: It has been proved that physical activity improves the circulation of blood and greatly improves metabolism. Natural phenomenon such as sweating, panting etc, are regarded as heathy. Long term cardio vascular activities improve heart function & stamina and increases life span & concentration levels
- Positive Mentors: Sports help in finding mentors who act as a guiding force and provide the right direction. It is vital to be directed by the right person at an early age so that they do not take the wrong path. This helps them follow directions and understand them positively.
- Learn to accept their negatives: Sports are a great way to accept your mistakes and improvise them. Sports teach people to practise and work hard in order to improve mistakes and get them right. Therefore it makes the person more humble and ready to work hard.
- Leadership Skills:One of the most important benefits of indulgence in sports is that with time it makes each and every player a leader in themselves as every player has a vital role to play in a team. Therefore it increases confidence in a person and helps them find a leader in themselves.
- Time Management:Mostly all the sports are time driven and it is important to score the maximum points in a stipulated time. A person who follows sports closely or is associated to a particular sport will always value time and will eventually learn the art of time management.
- Aim for success: The best advantage of being associated with a sport is that, it inculcates never say die attitude in a person. In every sport, each and every player aims for success and tries their level best. It teaches to strive hard to get the best and to not be satisfied by the second best.
- Career in itself: Last and the most important is that nowadays there are so many kinds of sports which are played both locally as well as internationally therefore it provides an opportunity to develop the sport of your choice as a career.