B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology is a popular career choice for students completing their 10+2. This healthcare sector deals with patient care, assistance during surgery and all other processes inside an operation theatre. So, the pre, mid and post-surgery tasks are all performed by these professionals.
Inside the OT, the team of professionals is divided into 2 parts - one that directly works with the surgeon and the other that supports this team.
Depending on your expertise and area of interest, you are placed in either of these groups. But, together they both contribute towards the smooth functioning of the surgical procedure and ensure that none of the norms is violated.
According to NCBI, almost 14% to 17% of hospital infections are from the surgical site itself. This is a significant percentage of infection carried out from the operation theatre and is supposed to cause major infections to the patients too. To overcome this, it is vital to have well-trained and knowledge-laden operation theatre professionals who judiciously follow sterilization and waste disposal protocols.
While implementing their knowledge and expertise, the operation theatre graduates work in the following areas:
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Operation
- Obst. & Gynae. Operation Theatre
- Vascular Surgery
- Neuro Surgery
- Urology Procedures
- Ophthalmology Operation
- Pre-anaesthesia check-up
- E.N.T. Procedures
- Burn & Plastic Surgery
- Dental & Maxio-facial Procedures
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Emergency OT
- Casualty & Trauma Emergency and all other departments of surgery.
By now, you must have known the job roles and responsibilities of B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology graduates. As a flourishing career-oriented stream, these graduates have ample job openings in both the private and public sectors with lucrative salary packages. If you are interested in pursuing this course, then choose a reputed educational institute that provides you with practice-based learning to ensure precision perfection while you work on the job.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges Jhanjeri ranks among the top B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology colleges in Punjab with over 2 decades of delivering quality education.
B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) Course Details at CGC Jhanjeri
All those candidates who have passed 10+2 with 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to Reserved Category) with Physics & Chemistry & Biology from recognized Board/University.
Duration and Type
3-Year Full-time course.
This 3-year course progresses semester-wise while covering all the basic and advanced modules (practically/theoretically OR both) that include:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Communication Skills
- Applied Biochemistry
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Human Values, De-addiction and Traffic Rules
- Mentoring and Professional Development
- Medical Terminology, Recordkeeping and Orientation to Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) and Management
- Applied Microbiology
- Quality Management, Patient Safety and Disaster management
- Environmental Sciences
- Nursing procedures
- Applied Physics
- Equipment in OTs – Care & Maintenance
- Principles of Anesthesia
- Sterilization, disinfection and CSSD procedures
- Equipment in OTs and ICUs – Care & Maintenance
- Antibiotic resistance and antibiotic Policy
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Basic Surgical procedures
- Transfusion Medicine
- Basic Anesthesia Procedures
- Clinical Hematology
- Clinical Pathology
- Biomedical Waste Management
- Basic Intensive care
- Advanced Anesthesia procedures
- Electronics and technology in surgery and anaesthesia
- OT & ICU associated Nosocomial Infections
- Research Methodology
- ICU Management
- Specialized surgery and anaesthesia
- Fundamental of Blood transfusion
- ICU Management
- Basic Immunology
- Anaphylactic reactions and Autoimmunity outlines
- Basic Biostatistics
Pursuing B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology program from CGC Jhanjeri gives you a refined set of technical dexterity along with interpersonal skills that are integral to a profound career foundation. While you study at the best B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) college in Chandigarh, you acquire the latest industry-standard education for a flourishing career start. The key takeaways of this course from the college are:
- Preparing Anesthesia Trolley.
- Getting ready operation theatre tools and equipment.
- Checking and cleaning of various apparatus, gas cylinders and other equipment.
- Ensuring OT sterilization.
- Monitoring smooth functioning of OT light and electrical points.
- Assisting doctors in surgery.
- Assist anesthesiologist.
- Ensuring oxygen and other gasses supply to OT.
- Patient positioning as per the type of surgery.
- Assisting in intubation and extubation.
- Maintaining a proper record of all the processes and equipment inside the OT.
Inculcating a top-rate skill set both in technical dexterity and professional learning at the college is kept at the highest priority. Adept faculty, integrated learning, profound curriculum and best-in-class infrastructure is all set to give you the much-needed career foundation. To promote the finest learning in a conducive learning environment, the college runs the following programs on the campus:
- Eminent Corporate Tie-Ups
- Industry-Academia Interface
- Global Higher Education Tie-Ups
- Scholarship Program
- Earn While You Learn
- Pre-Placement Training
- Orientations and Training Programs
- Entrepreneurship Development Program
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Spacious Classrooms
- Student Counseling
- Expert Lectures
- Wi-Fi Campus
- E-Library and many more.
Finally, the B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) course at CGC Jhanjeri propels your career with domain-specific learning through the latest learning tools and techniques. Join us for a successful career at CGC admission 2022.