Behind the Scenes of Healing: B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology
B.Sc in Operation Theatre and Technology is a three-year, full-time undergraduate program. To enroll in this program, students must have completed their 10+2 in the science stream with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as their compulsory subjects.
Candidates must have scored above 50% to be eligible for this exam.
The program involves keeping track of patient information, paying attention to each detail of the operating room, including cleaning and sterilizing types of equipment, and taking care of all the surgical tools.
Chandigarh Group of College, Jhanjeri Mohali is one of the Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab and is recently accredited with NAAC A+
The average salary after completing B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology is INR 2 LPA - INR 10 LPA.
B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology: What Does It Exactly Mean?
The B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology program provides students a revolutionary, career-focused education.
- The B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology is the basic graduating subject covering ethics, operating room setup, and controlling the equipment required to perform surgery.
- An OT technologist must be present in the operating room during surgery and assist the doctors and nurses. Before the surgery, they organize and clean all the required surgical tools and follow the surgeon’s advice whenever required.
- Every hospital in India employs operation theatre technologists to perform various treatments, including urology, gynecology, neurology, plastic surgery, and general surgery. The Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab has tie-ups with multiple companies and assists in placements.
- Candidates given all the necessary training will learn how to care for patients before and after surgery. They are also provided instructions on assisting surgeons, anesthetists, and nurses in keeping the OTT rooms clean using sterilization and disinfection techniques.
- The course helps you develop your technical, interpersonal, and personality skills as you work under the supervision of doctors, nurses, anesthetics, and junior doctors.
Why Should I Get A Degree in B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology?
Some of the reasons that justify getting a degree in B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology are:
- As you will have the opportunity to work under the supervision of various surgeons, nurses, and junior doctors, you will develop your technical, interpersonal skills as well as personality.
- After successfully completing this course, you can land a high-paying job in a hospital.
- You can earn your master’s degree in Operation Theatre Technology and work as a lecturer in medical schools and hospitals.
- You will learn how to supervise an anesthetist, know what safety precautions must be taken for a patient pre and post-surgery, and provide emotional support to the patients.
- In some hospitals and health organizations, skilled technicians can work in the emergency rooms and intensive care units.
- Students can work with skilled medical professionals which will help them to learn something new.
Eligibility criteria for admission to the Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab
Candidates for admission to the Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab must meet the following requirements:
- Students must have completed 10+2 in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their compulsory subjects.
- They must have obtained over 50% marks in the 10+2.
Career Prospects After Completion of B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology
After completing their B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology, candidates can be hired as OT technicians, lab technicians, associate consultants, or lecturers.
Hospitals and healthcare organizations are the main employers of B.Sc OTT graduates. They get to work in operating rooms, hospital emergency rooms, and intensive care units.
Many private hospitals and nursing homes conduct recruitment drives and employ candidates at good packages. Students can also apply for government jobs.
Various job positions candidates can get after completing the graduation from Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab are:
- Operation Theatre Technician
- Lab Assistant
- Consultant Anesthetist
- OT Specialist
- Medical Equipment Specialist
- Surgical Technologist
Admission Open at CGC Jhanjeri
CGC, Jhanjeri is one of the Best B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology College in Punjab, accredited with NAAC A+. It is equipped with all the facilities required for operation theatre technology. Admissions open at CGC, Jhanjeri.
What is the duration of B.Sc Operation Theatre Technology?
A B.Sc Operation Theatre technology duration is 3 years.
What is the role of an Operation Theatre Technician?
An Operation Theatre Technician is responsible for keeping track of patient information, paying attention to each detail of the operating room, including cleaning and sterilizing types of equipment, and taking care of all the surgical tools.
How much % is required in 10+2 for admission for pursuing the course?
Candidate must have secured more than 50% in 10+2 to pursue this course.