Summer holidays are around the corner, and I am sure students are the ones who desperately look forward towards summer holidays. The best part about summer holidays is that, they are quite long and you can plan something worthwhile.
It’s true that the sun is shining bright and it’s not the best time to spend outdoors therefore one deserves a small break to the hills maybe for a couple of day, but what about the left over holiday. Well below are some of the ways to make full use of summer holidays in the best possible manner
1. Take up a summer job-India is at full boom and there are quite a few places which are in desperate need for youngsters who are willing to contribute few hours towards their work. If you wish to make some money along with gaining some experience then there are many opportunities in the F&B segment. There are many fast food joints as well such as Mc Donald, KFC, and Pizza Hut etc. which offer part time jobs to students during summer holidays.
- Join A Part Time Course-Another excellent option to make full use of your summer holidays is to join a part time course such as a computer course or a language course which would in future help you in getting you a job. There are plenty of poly technic courses as well which are not only job oriented but are of very short durations.
- Pick up a hobby-If you have been struggling to take out time for your hobby then make use of your summer holiday. Hobbies such as singing, dancing art and craft are not only satisfying but can also promise you a career in the long run.
- Develop some skills-Now a days the industry is fast evolving, which is making your old skills redundant. You would be surprised to know that something which you were proud of, is no longer in use. Therefore research what skills are in demand and try and build those skills. There are many short term IT courses which promise a lucrative career, are offered online as well as institutes. It’s not a bad idea to go through the skills which you developed in the past and brush them over.
- Volunteer in a NGO or for a social cause-Working for a social cause looks amazing on your resume. Find some NGO which are in need of volunteers and invest some time serving them. Most NGOs do not pay but are happy to provide with you with a certificate which holds great value. Not only it helps you develop some essential skills but is very rewarding otherwise.
- Socialise-If none of the above impresses you, then do some fun activities with your family and friends such as water sports, rock climbing, camping and glamping. Meeting family and friends would help you in link building and develop your social skills which would help you in the future while you are looking for a full time job.