Deciding a career path is not a quick piece of work. It requires dedicated efforts to go on a quest by first understanding one’s area of interest and then looking at other prospects like remuneration, growth, professional benefits, etc. As a graduate or postgraduate in the field of computer science, ample opportunities are evident.
According to a survey done by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the employment window for Computer Science and Information Technology professionals is projected to grow by 13 percent through the year 2026, which is much more than other professional careers.
Some of the popular and the latest computer science domains have gained a lot of attention due to their progressive potential in the field of technology. CGC Jhanjeri, among the top computer science engineering colleges in Punjab, provides a tailor-made course curriculum that fulfils all the industry demands that a professional needs to carry along. With humongous demand, the requirement for computer science professionals in this field is continuously increasing year by year.
Are you looking for your career path? Here’s a list of the top 10 career options in the field of computer science:
- Data Engineer: The newest career in demand. The field of data engineering is still in its initial years and has already taken the world to revolutionize all domains with the power of data. You must have heard the term “Big Data” and the job roles like data scientist and data engineer are a part of it. The recent advancements have shown that a well-organised data pipeline is the core of success and this is what is attracting various organizations to integrate data engineering in succeeding through data analysis.
- Blockchain Engineer: In a simplified term, blockchain is a decentralised distributed ledger technology that constitutes a robust way to represent and store digital assets. This booming field is being globally accepted and implemented with blockchain engineers in huge demand. With lucrative salary packages, the blockchain engineers/programmers are responsible for creating interfaces, blockchain architecture, security features and other essential features of the blockchain life cycle. For pursuing a career in blockchain, it is vital to have in-depth knowledge of data structures, coding skills, databases and cryptography.
- Machine Learning Engineer: The latest market trend revolves around machine learning. Market analysis, natural language processing, business intelligence, chatbot, voice assistants, etc are all an outcome of smart algorithms. Today, every business requires machine learning to grow exponentially while understanding the latest consumer demands and preferences. To this, various innovations in the field of machine learning with acquired learnings have redefined the way businesses work. A background in machine learning is a high-paying career with ample growth opportunities in line.
- Artificial Intelligence Professional: Artificial Intelligence is the technology that is leading the world towards a better future. The advantages of implementing artificial intelligence have a global influence that is spread across industries and domains with huge demand for AI professionals. As per a report by Gartner, nearly 50% of enterprise applications will have incorporated AI into their systems by the year 2023. Business intelligence developer, AI engineer, robotic scientist and research scientist are the most popular job roles in this field.
- Software Architect: As yet another top job profile, software architects have a soaring career graph with high salary packages. A software architect takes the responsibility to design and develop a high-level outline of the software and shares the entire blueprint of software development with the software engineers to follow coding rules, standards, tools and conventions. The programming language for a software or an application may differ, but the architecture remains the same.
- Cloud Computing Professionals: Cloud computing is the technology that will continue to grow forever and this makes the demand for cloud computing professionals unending. At present, the demand for these professionals is much more than the qualified professionals. Some of the necessary key skills for becoming a cloud computing professional are - coding knowledge, DBMS, AI & ML, and knowledge of serverless architecture.
- DevOps Engineer: To foster automation in an organisation is the main aim of a DevOps engineer. This job profile works in parallel with cloud computing services and provides top-notch data distribution and operations. It is a bridge between programmers and other IT teams in the organisation. Operations like testing, code review, monitoring code development process, etc are all done by solutions implemented at DevOps. This job role offers lucrative salary packages with immense professional growth.
- IoT Engineer: To provide smart IoT solutions, the IoT engineers write the software to let hardware devices work through mobile applications. As a promising career opportunity, this field is one of the most aspired professional career options. With a strong foundation in computer programming, sensors and network security, the IoT engineers research, create, test, implement and finally document the IoT solutions.
- Web Developer: Website development involves coding, logic servers and databases. To get the best of all these, strong analytical and reasoning skills need to be utilized and implemented. While coding for a website, it is vital to cover all the aspects and standards that make a website compatible and user-friendly. This is a high paying job role that is in constant demand.
To conclude, computer science engineering has a broad spectrum of career opportunities that provide one of the most lucrative job profiles. At Chandigarh Group of Colleges Jhanjeri, Computer Science Engineering is an industry-centric course that ingrains professional dexterity for the topmost job roles and a booming career for the students. Moreover, strong industry-academic tie-ups with top corporate leaders make CGC Jhanjeri one of the best Computer Science Engineering Colleges in Chandigarh.