About the Club : INVESTOMANIA
The Finance Club’s mission is to connect students who share an enthusiastic interest and curiosity about investments of all types, and to share knowledge and insight with all members so they feel comfortable conversing about finance and executing beneficial investment strategies.
The Finance Club- Investopedia works towards boosting interest in Finance in the college and also helps indulge that interest through competitions, workshops and professional opportunities. Instrumental in ensuring preparedness for placements, the club also endeavors to serve as a bridge between the industry and the student community.
The club not only educates the students but also reaches out to industry veterans and has periodic speaker sessions to expose students to the various practical aspects of finance. Additionally, the club organizes various case competitions and events that further drive the interest of the cohort towards finance and its real-world implications.
Through these initiatives, the Finance Club endeavours to create a connect between students and the outside world, thereby providing students with a holistic experience in finance and ensuring that they are well prepared to handle the nuances of the financial services industry in practical life.
The objectives of the Club are:
- To increase interest in Finance among management students by relating the experiences of students, professors and alumni.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the finance industry, including its related jobs and certificates.
- To guide students in pursuit of careers in Finance by providing resume reviews, mock interviews, and counselling
- To help members with their interpersonal skill such as leadership and presentation skill.
- Foster an environment among and discovery of recent trends and developments in the field of finance.
The strategy the club follow to meet the above mentioned target includes: