About the Club : INVESTOPEDIA- THE FINANCE CLUB
The Finance Club’s mission is to connect students who share an enthusiastic interest and curiosity about investments of all types, and to share knowledge and insight with all members so they feel comfortable conversing about finance and executing beneficial investment strategies.
The Finance Club- Investopedia works towards boosting interest in Finance in the college and also helps indulge that interest through competitions, workshops and professional opportunities. Instrumental in ensuring preparedness for placements, the club also endeavors to serve as a bridge between the industry and the student community.
The club not only educates the students but also reaches out to industry veterans and has periodic speaker sessions to expose students to the various practical aspects of finance. Additionally, the club organizes various case competitions and events that farther drive the interest of the cohort towards finance and it’s real-world implications.
Through these initiatives, the Finance Club endeavours to create a connect between students and the outside world, thereby providing students with a holistic experience in finance and ensuring that they are well prepared to handle the nuances of the financial services industry in practical life.
The objectives of the Club are:
- To increase interest in Finance among management students by relating the experiences of students, professors and alumni.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the finance industry, including it’s related jobs and certificates.
- To guide students in pursuit of careers in Finance by providing resume reviews, mock interviews, and counselling
- To help members with they’re interpersonal skill such as leadership and presentation skill.
- Foster an environment among and discovery of recent trends and developments in the field of finance.
Function of Finance Club
The club focuses on the three major aspect of the development of a student:
- Increasing the academic excellence through training and participating in various working groups
- Improving the business knowledge through the analysis of current business issues and by hosting events with speakers who are experts in there respective field.
- And finally, supporting personal growth by improving soft skills in a team work based, responsibility driven and project-alike working structure.
The strategy the club follow to meet the above mentioned target includes:
1. Speakers 2. Site visitations 3. Internship 4. Mentors 5. Networking
Executive Members of the Club
|Faculty Convener :||Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Assistant Professor, FOM||Ms. Arshan Kler, Assistant Professor, FOM|
|Student President :||Gautam Sharma, MBA 2nd year||Saddam Hossain, MBA 2nd year|
|Student President Vice President :||Divya Mastan, MBA 2nd year||Shaguna, MBA 1st Year|
|Student Secretary :||Shradha, MBA 1st Year||Anshika, MBA 1st Year|
EVENTS OF THE CLUB
The following are the events which were conducted by Finance Club:
- Workshop on SEBI
- Workshop on Stock Market
- Business Quiz organised by Business Standard
- Finance Games conducted in Gyanmanthan Management Fest 2019
- Model Making by Management Students presented in Fashionista 2019
⦁ Split Hairs
This is an event with openended questions, to be addressed by groups of 6 students each in the form of a written submission on the given topic and a further shortlisting based on the same.
This event includes 6 closely contested rounds. Round 1 is a memory game, Round 2’s theme is crosswords, Round 3 is a Q n A round, Round 4 will include a stock simulation, Round 5 will bring out the creativity inherent in the freshers with a story telling round, while Round 6 will be concluded with a rapid fire session.⦁ Gyan Sessions
Members of Investopediawill share there knowledge with the new incumbents in the form of various gyan sessions convened on a variety of topics like ‘Corporate vs. Consumer Banking’, ‘Derivatives’, ‘Capital Markets’, ‘Demystifying accounts’ as well as ‘Ratio Analysis’. The endeavor is to cover a wide spectrum of topics, right from the basic building blocks of accounts to the sophistication of the stock exchange.
Faculty Convener :
|Dr. Rajinder Kaur, Assistant Professor, FOMemail@example.com|
|Dr. Arshan Kler, Assistant Professor, FOMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Student President :
|Gautam Sharma, MBA 2nd email@example.com|
|Saddam Hossain, MBA firstname.lastname@example.org|
Student Vice President :
|Divya Mastan, MBA 2nd email@example.com|
|Shaguna, MBA 1st Yearfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Student Secretary :
|Shraddha, MBA 1st Yearemail@example.com|
|Akanksha, MBA 1st Yearfirstname.lastname@example.org|