The demand for nutrition-based health professionals is increasing with lucrative career opportunities available easily. If you want to capitalize on this trend, you need to have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of nutrition and dietetics and complete it with satisfaction. Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri is one of the premier colleges in the whole of North India that provides bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics.
After completion of the degree, a must is to have an internship from a reputed hospital. Such exposure is highly recommended as it will enable you to put into practice what you have learned in theory classes in a classroom environment. This is a practical oriented course and without enough of the same, there is little help from the degree. At CGC Jhanjeri, students of nutrition and dietetics get plenty of industrial exposure and practical training that makes them ready for the job.
Early Bird Catches the Warm
You can be admitted to B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics provided you have the minimum marks required in the qualifying examination. In case you do not have sufficient marks then you will be required to complete a diploma course from any recognized institution. One needs to continuously upgrade his or her knowledge about food, the medical implications attached, and the measurement scales used. If you have experience in pharmacy or nursing, then it will come as an added benefit in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Is This Career Suitable for You?
If you have an inclination towards exploring different cuisines and have the curiosity as to how it benefits a person health-wise or what is the nutritional value of that food, then, this is the career for you. This is one profession that is beneficial for you, not just professionally but personally as well. You can help your family lead a healthy and happy life, and not just that of your clients and customers.
The demand for nutritionists has increased considerably in the past few years as people are becoming more conscious about their health and tend to prohibit unplanned diet which results in hypertension, obesity, and other food-related diseases. However, this is not the mainstream career and the growth here depends on other health care professions.
Objective Fulfilled through Nutrition and Dietetics Course
- To identify problems concerning nutrition and dietetics in different sections of society
- To come out with newer administration and management techniques to monitor dietetics and nutrition
- To devise economically, socially, and technologically viable methods to control dietary and nutrition problem facing the nation
- To advise health and government bodies on issues related to nutrition
- To assist scientist and encourage research on the development of nutrition
What are the Positives and Negatives of This Career?
- There is no need to have an exceptionally good score in your school exams to take admission in the nutrition and dietetics degree program.
- There is a lot of practical study in this program with a little theoretical part and the majority of it can be seen and used in our daily lives.
There is ample scope for personal growth as well, and your education and qualification can find their use anywhere and everywhere you go
- It is better to have specialization in a particular field and this will enable you to earn more in your profession
- There are downsides of this profession as well including the prospects of growth, as this being a secondary profession, things does move slow at times.
Tips on Getting Hired
If you enroll yourself for Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri then you will be educated and trained in the right manner and when you pass out from the college you will be ready for the job. Apart from this, there are certain features that you need to have or develop some attributes so you can find employment easily.
- Keep yourself updated on the latest knowledge in the world of nutrition and food. You should be aware of the latest measuring techniques of nutritional values such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, etc.
- Develop good communication skills as you will be required to talk to a wide variety of people.
How to become a Nutrition and Dietetics?
Both nutrition and dietetics have the job profile as they are both considered a nutrition expert, however, dieticians receive additional training and certifications. If you want to make a career as a nutritionist, here is what you can do –
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree – the first major step is to have a degree, that is, a minimum of bachelor’s degree if you want to become nutrition or dietetics. This degree will open up different job profiles for you provided you have specialization in food services systems management, nutrition, dietetics, clinical nutrition, or in a related field. Critical coursework that is in here includes biology, chemistry, psychology, and nutrition.
- Pursue an Advanced Degree – all those who want to study further and want to become an expert in a particular field then advanced degree is the best course of action.
- Gain experience through Internship – training under supervision is a must and will provide much-needed experience to students who are freshly passed out from the college.
- Obtain a license to work – in some states nutritionists and dieticians must have a license before they can carry out professional practice. You need to check with the authorities where you live and ensure that you are practicing your profession in a legally correct manner.
- How to get certification – To get certified, one needs to have a bachelor’s degree in the related field. Certification depends on the field one wants to practice a profession such as oncology nutrition, sports dietician, or pediatric nutritionist.
Why pursue B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics from Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri?
To being things, at CGC Jhanjeri you will be studying at one of the most reputed colleges in North India that are known for its excellent academics and remarkable placement. A distinct niche has been carved out by the college all because of its exemplary work in the field of higher education.
Thousands of students have been placed in some of the most reputed companies with commanding pay packages. Students at CGC Jhanjeri are known to excel academically and have filed several patents. The exhaustive practical exposure and elaborative industrial visits of students make them industry-ready as they pass out.
A Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri will provide the student everything that is needed to make a successful career in this field. If you want to make a strong and stable career in the field of multimedia then you should be at CGC-J.