About NCC @ CGC Jhanjeri at CGC Jhanjeri
NCC unit of CGC is affiliated with 23 Punjab Battalion, NCC Ropar.
NCC unit (Army wing) at CGC is functional under the Leadership of Lt (Dr.) Aarti Mahendru (Gold medal in Overall excellence in leadership and Officers like qualities at OTA, Gwalior in PRCN-80).
- To develop qualities of Character, Courage, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure and the ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth, to Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always
Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Senior Division and Senior Wing: Cadets recruited from colleges fall under Senior Division and are under the command of Associated NCC Officer (ANO).
- C-Certificate is the highest recognition of the training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet.
- B-Certificate is the initial recognition of the training and qualification of a Senior NCC cadet.
NCC Activities’ Focus is on instilling discipline in the souls of the cadets, besides fostering healthy competition for the ranks, while keeping the greater interest of the nation in mind to create prospective officers for the Armed Forces. The National Cadet Corps is the only organization of its kind, which imparts Leadership, Discipline, Integration, Adventure, Military, Physical and Community Development training to over 13 lakhs youth of the country.
Various Camps Organized Under NCC
Republic Day Camp (RDC), Basic Leadership Camp(BLC), Army Attachment Camp(AAC), Annual Training Camps (ATC), ThalSainik Camp ( TSC), Advance Leadership Camps (ALC), National Integration Camps (NIC), Rock Climbing Camps (RCC), All India Trekking Camps, Special National Integration camps (SNIC)
Various Incentives are provided by the central Government to Cadets with NCC ’B’ & ’C’ certificates for recruitment in the ranks in the Defense Forces.
NCC Special Entry Scheme is applicable for SD Wings graduates in OTA in the age group of 19-25 years with 50% marks, through DDG of states for direct interview (SSB) every year. The Cadets are exempted from CDS examination conducted by UPSC.