Confused About Your Career - Best Career Option After 12th
As soon as you finish writing your 12th board exams, you turn to a new phase of life. A life that now asks you to follow a path towards a successful career. Though you may have chosen your 10+1 stream according to your prior set goal, with the ever-changing technology you get the new options coming in now and then. As a 21st century student, you are living with information floating over the internet and reaching you from all 360 degrees. As a gesture of care, friends, family, cousins, neighbours and all other people around you will start pouring in from their hub of knowledge regarding career options and various opportunities. This surely makes you more confused and a bit nervous about sticking to your aspiration. Remember, the best career option is of course the one that makes you successful, but it should be something that you want to do.
Well, it’s your career and you need to ward off all your worries and listen to yourself. To help you through this tough time, here are a few pointers that shall guide you to take your decision with confidence.
1. Identify your area of interest: The foremost priority is to sit and think that what makes you feel excited as a subject and gives you the zeal to study it in-depth and later work on it throughout your life. This may be time consuming, but once you decide on your favourite subject, you are sure to find the best course.
2. Do rigorous research: After knowing your favourite subject, it's time to jump onto the internet and do some rigorous research. First of all, search for all the available graduation courses as per your subject. Say for example you are interested in computer science, then search for all the courses available, deep dive into each of them and collect the necessary details.
3. Check the career options: For all of your shortlisted courses, check the career prospects for various job roles, recruiting companies, salary packages, domains on implementation, etc. Put all this information in a document or jot it down on paper. This will help you easily find out the most relevant course for you.
4. Choose the right college: Choosing the right college is as important as choosing the right course. A good educational institute plays a vital role in giving you the needed industry-relevant learnings with exposure to become practically profound in working in real-time. Apart from various programs and facilities on the campus, it is important to check the placement records of the colleges and read what their alumni say. Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri provides a variety of graduate programs with seasoned faculty and top-notch placement records.
5. Discuss your decision: After making a final list of all the aspects, do remember to discuss your choices with someone whom you feel comfortable talking to and rely on for a good suggestion. Also, keep your discussion bi-directional and do listen to inputs and take your final decision accordingly.
With all this preparation done before, you are now ready to take the final decision once your result is declared. This shall further help you stay away from all the confusion and make you confident in entering the new phase of your life.
At CGC Jhanjeri, we value your aspirations and therefore believe in continuously rejigging to the latest industry trends and technologies. For placements, 757+ companies have visited the campus and 7412+ college placement offers have been placed.
- Some of the facilities available on the campus are:
- A Variety of Courses
- Soaring Placements
- Profound Pre-Placement Map Out
- Global Association
- Research and Development Cell
- Mentoring As a Peer
- Entrepreneur Development Cell
- Hi-tech Facilities and Infrastructure