Learn about the future scope, eligibility criteria, top recruiters, syllabus, and career prospects of Cyber Security programs
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber Security is the intricate practice of protecting systems, mobile devices, data, networks, and programs from cyber attacks, or any unauthorized access. These attacks aim at accessing, amending, leaking or destroying secret information or interrupting smoothly running business processes. As cyber attacks are increasing with an increase in digitization in our society, implementing effective cyber security measures is the need of the hour.
The most difficult challenge in cyber security is its ever-evolving nature and shortage in the supply of cyber security experts in India. Therefore, this is the right time to take admission to Best Cyber Security College in India and pursue a course in this futuristic field.
Elements of Cyber Security
Cyber security encompasses diversified elements, namely:
- Network security: It is the practice of protecting the network from unwanted users and attacks.
- Application security: It is the practice of keeping devices, apps and software free of threats. The process of maintaining application security begins in the design stage itself.
- Data security: Data is a critical asset of any organization, therefore, protecting company and customer information is a very important element of Cyber Security.
- Database & Infrastructure security: Every organization has humungous databases and physical equipment. So, protecting them is equally important.
- Cloud security: These days, organizations of every type and size are using the cloud for a wide variety of cases, such as data backup, disaster recovery, software development and testing, etc. Thus, protecting data in an online environment beholds a large number of challenges.
- Mobile security: It is a practice of protecting smartphones and tablets, and the networks they are connected to, from unwanted threats.
- Disaster recovery: In case of a breach or natural disaster, an organization must have a back-up so that business must go on.
Future Prospects of Cyber Security in India
“Employment of cyber security or information security analysts is projected to grow 31% from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. Demand for cyber security analysts is expected to be very high, as these analysts will be needed to create innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical information or causing problems for computer networks.”
Skills Required for Cyber Security
- Intrusion Detection
- Malware Analysis & Reversing
- Black-Hat thinker
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Cloud Security
- Security Analysis
Career Opportunities for Cyber Security graduates
A degree in Cyber Security from one of the Best Cyber Security Colleges in India can help you get job positions of:
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Security Architect
- Security Administrator
- Security Software Developer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
Companies Hiring Cyber Security Experts
Upon successful completion of course, candidates can find jobs in the following top companies.
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Patient First
- Lockheed Martin
- Capital One
- Northrop Grumman
Eligibility Criteria for Cyber Security
Basic eligibility criteria that candidates need to fulfil to take a course in Cyber Security at UG & PG levels are:
- For UG Courses: For admission to the UG programs, candidates should have passed 12th Standard/Higher Secondary/10+2 (or equivalent) in science stream from a recognised board.
- For PG Courses: For admission to the PG programs, candidates should have completed their graduation in Cyber Security with at least 50% marks from a recognised university/institute.
Various Courses at UG & PG Levels
Multiple options are available for candidates seeking a career in Cyber Security. They are:
Degree Courses: The duration of UG & PG Degrees ranges from 3 to 4 years.
Diploma Courses: The duration of UG & PG Diplomas ranges from 10 months to 1 year.
Certifications: Certifications are basically short term courses majorly offered online. The duration of certifications can range from 3 to 6 months.
Cyber Security Syllabus
Some of the important topics that are taught during diploma or degree in cyber security are-
|A brief history of the field: why study cyber security as an economics problem||Security engineering for economists|
|How to measure cyber security?||Data collection & processing|
|Metric in practice||Case study: security metrics for botnet mitigation by ISPs|
|Security strategies||Optimal information security investment|
|Risk management||Operational security management|
|Information asymmetries||Indirect Intermediary Liability|
|Security economics and policy||Information disclosure (trust seals, certifications|
|Applying behavioural economics: consumer behaviour and deception||The behavioural economics of privacy|
If you want to become a futuristic Cyber Security professional, join B.Sc. Cyber Security at CGC Jhanjeri – one of the best B.Sc. Cyber Security colleges in India. Our program will not only equip you with a keen eye to investigate and respond to cybercrime that is increasing with an increase in digitization in our society but will also allow you to avail up to 100% scholarship.
So, look no further and apply for the best college!