About Civil Engineering at CGC Jhanjeri
To be an eminent department for Civil Engineering Studies, that provides practical oriented technical education for sustainable development of the society.
- To empower students as skilled engineers with fundamental and advanced knowledge in Civil Engineering and it’s applications.
- To make the students capable of facing the technical and social challenges related to Civil Engineering.
- To put emphasis on practical training to the students to make them industry ready.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The graduates of Civil Engineering Program shall:
- Have skills that will prepare them for successful career in Civil Engineering Industry.
- Achieve competency in analysis and design of various civil engineering structures.
- Solve various field problems using technical and practical knowledge.
- Work and serve the community ethically as responsible professionals.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Students will be able to handle practical problems related design, construction and maintenance of Civil Engineering structures.
- Students will have professional skills in various core areas of Civil Engineering, like, Concrete, Structures, Environmental and Transportation Engineering etc.
Start with a Dream, Finish with a Future
Choose the Education You can Believe In
Career Opportunities for Civil Graduates
A plethora of career opportunities in various fields. Fresh graduates can discover options in government departments, where they can be hired for prestigious projects like:
- Railway Projects
- Large Dams
- Water Engineer
- Building control surveyor
- Express Highways
- Structural Engineer
- Rural and Urban Transport Engineer
- Nuclear Engineer
B. Tech. Civil Engineering graduates from CGC Jhanjeri have been placed in companies like Mount Meru Group, Saint Gobain Glass India Ltd., Leighton India Contractors, Samsung Engineering, Hilti Group, etc., with salary package ranging from 4.11 to 14 LPA.
State-of-the-art infrastructure and campus facilities rendered by CGC Jhanjeri will let you make the most out of your college experience.
STATE OF ART FACILITY
Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Jhanjeri has state-of-the art facilities to facilitate students through best of the learning. Highly professional, qualified and experienced teaching staff provides for the best of technical and academic input to students.
WI-FI CAMPUS & CLASSROOMS
The entire CGC campus is Wi-Fi enabled, a computerized library with various e-journals, books and periodicals, well equipped workshops and labs etc. provide an opportune technical skills and personality development environment for students.
CGC Jhanjeri has computer labs with latest Equipment to train students practically and help them hone their technical skills. Round-the-clock internet facility enables students to surf internet and gather knowledge about all kind of information anywhere anytime.
Along with executing placement drives, several summer training, orientation programs, internships, and seminars by industrial experts are also organized by the Corporate Resource Centre (CRC) of the CGC campus. 83% of students of 2017 batch got placed even before they passed out, whereas 81% of students of 2016 got placements even before they completed they’re session.
Awards and Achievements
Admission Process -B.Tech CIVIL
|Qualification||10+2 Pass Out||Student needs to have Physics and Mathematics in 10+2 plus one of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, and Technical Vocational subject.|
|Diploma Holders||Diploma holders in any engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education or Sant. Students of the Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) Longowal are eligible to pursue a bachelor’s course in any stream.|
|Certificate Holders||Students must have two years certificate course from SLIET.|
|Course||Duration||1st Semester Fee||2nd Semester Onwards|
|Civil Engineering (B.Tech Civil)||4 Years||47,000/-||45,000/-|
|We at CGC Jhanjeri believe that higher education is one of the most lucrative investments a student can make & any financial setback shouldn’t ruin their chances of building a great career.|
|Therefore, we have come up with CGC Josh – A Scholarship Test that gives financial assistance to students aspiring to pursue Engineering, Management, Commerce, Law, Computer Application, Journalism, Pharmacy, Arts & Science courses at CGC Jhanjeri.
To know more or apply, click: cgc.ac.in/scholarships
Student from Civil Engineering department shares her success story after getting Placed in Top Companies through CGC Jhanjeri campus placement.