Learn about eligibility criteria, subjects, jobs, salary, top recruiters, fees and scope of B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics.
What is B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics?
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nutrition and Dietetics is an undergraduate program that teaches food management, components of a balanced diet, lifestyle management and how to prepare a proper diet plan according to one’s need. It also focuses on the study of nutritional value in food products consumed by human beings and how the quality of life can be enhanced through a healthy diet. The course is generally of 3 or 4 years.
Key Concepts taught in B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics
Pursuing a B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics from one of the top B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics colleges in India will teach you the following concepts:
- Nutrition pattern
- Nutritional requirements of an average human being
- Different types of diet plans
- How to improve the food habits & ensure dietary wellbeing of the people
- Various types of nutrients and their functions
- Various nutrition deficiency disorders & ways to recover from them
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Future Scope
The demand for nutritionists and dieticians has greatly increased over the past decade due to increased awareness among people to stay healthy and fit, and avoid high calorie diets leading to obesity, hypertension and other food related diseases.
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Career Options
Primary job roles that these graduates can take up after pursuing a degree from one of the best B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics colleges in North India are:
- Marketing Manager
- Clinical Dietician
- Food Quality Inspector
- R&D Manager
- Food Processing Manager
*One can also opt for higher education or enter into the research and development field of the Nutrition and Dietetics Sector. Below mentioned are some of the popular PG courses that students can pursue.
- M.Sc. Nutrition &Dietetics
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Top Recruiters
Various top companies that recruit B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics graduates are:
- Hyatt Corporation
- Accor Hospitality
- Taj Group of Hotels
- Vatika Group
- Le Meridien
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for admission to B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics is as mentioned below:
- A candidate must have passed 12th Standard/Higher Secondary/10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.
- Some of the colleges accept Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, or Biochemistry (any one) in place of Biology at the 10+2 level.
- The minimum marks obtained by a candidate in 10+2 must be 50%. It varies from college to college.
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Average Salary
“Is Nutrition and Dietetics a good career option?” – If this question makes you curious, then let’s find out below how much nutritionists and dieticians get paid.
|Job profile||Average Salary in INR|
|Dietician||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Marketing Manager||INR 6 Lakhs|
|Clinical Dietician||INR 3 Lakhs|
|Nutritionist||INR 4.5 Lakhs|
|R&D Manager||INR 8.3 Lakhs|
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Fees
The average annual fee of the course ranges from ₹50,000 to ₹2.5 Lakhs per annum.
*It may vary from college-to-college and also the mode of education (i.e. online or offline) one chooses to pursue.
B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics: Subjects
Some of the main subjects covered in the course are:
- Public health and nutrition
- Human Physiology
- Human nutrition
- Food chemistry
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Food microbiology
- Food science
- Food preservation
- Food Biotechnology
- Mother and child health
- Family meal and diet planning
- Science of bakery and confectionery
- Food quality analysis
- Food packaging & marketing management
- Food processing operations & management
- Diet and patient counselling
Pursue B.Sc. (Hons.) Nutrition and Dietetics at CGC Jhanjeri
If you want to take your career from ordinary to extraordinary, join B.Sc. (Hons.) Nutrition and Dietetics at CGC Jhanjeri – one of the Best Nutrition and Dietetics Colleges in Punjab and Chandigarh. Our course integrates theory with clinical practice, and imparts research and management skills necessary to strengthen your foundation in the industry. Our comprehensive curriculum will prepare you for future roles in a variety of workplace settings.
So, make a wise decision and join a college that offers the industry-led and cutting-edge Nutrition and Dietetics program in the region!