After graduating from high school in the science stream, were you having trouble deciding on a career? Are bachelor's degrees in science useful? Is it possible to pursue a BSc in optometry? We have all of your solutions.
It is true that choosing a course from among the many options available can be a very stressful and challenging task. There are numerous streams available to science majors, including engineering, MBBS, pharmacy, architecture, etc. However, if we are solely talking about the Medical stream, then obtaining a degree in that field requires significant financial outlay, years of study, and devoted practice in order to guarantee a lucrative future.
Additionally talking, only a small percentage of students who are pursuing a medical degree want to sit for the AIIMS and NEET admission tests, making them want for a course that would be both time and financially feasible. The most recent and effective option for these applicants is the BSc in Optometry program. One of the top income-producing professions worldwide is optometry, which is one of the most popular courses. Since an eye doctor or professionally called the doctor of optometry (O.D.) is not a medical doctor or physician, a student can obtain a prominent career by completing an optometrist degree.
Does attending one of Chandigarh's Best BSc Optometry Colleges Help You Have Better Career Options?
Once you have earned your optometry degree, there are many positions and opportunities available. But is attending one of the top BSc Optometry Colleges in Punjab make a difference? Tell us everything it will offer.
- Better Jobs because there are more people looking for ODs both in India and overseas.
- Higher salaries come with graduating from the best BSc Optometry degree college since they offer the greatest placements in the businesses that are leaders in their fields.
- Eye care professional career is Family-Friendly Because it can be done as a full- or part-time employment, optometry is seen as a family-friendly profession. As a result, one can support their family while working.
The Duties of an Eye Care Specialist or An Optometrist
After earning an eye optometry course from the top school in Chandigarh, students are required to practice real-world situations and carry out the following activities.
- Implement and evaluate the plan
- Determine any eyesight problems, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, etc.
- Optometrists detect eye conditions including cataracts and glaucoma and offer the required visual assistance.
- Optometrists can also prescribe eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Additionally, they are capable of performing modest vision correction procedures on the eyes.
- Optometrists are the ones who provide patients pre and post-operative care instructions before procedures, such as how to change bandages, examine their eyes, take care of themselves at home, etc.
- Conduct patient counseling to advance eye health
The Chandigarh Group of Colleges-Jhanjeri is the top BSc Optometry degree college in North India, and as such, with the aid of its knowledgeable faculty, new enhanced laboratory, etc., it aids its students in obtaining the best information possible.