BSc Optometry Course Details - CGC Jhanjeri
B Sc Optometry course details deal with the study of the human eye. B Sc optometry colleges have designed the course so that students study the eye and all other information related to structure, abnormalities, etc, associated with the human eye.
Along with learning about eye structure, the BSc Optometry course details focuses on learning about different kinds of tools and equipment related to eye treatment.
B Sc Optometry is an undergraduate program offered by various reputed B Sc Optometry colleges in Punjab. The course duration is three years. Along with this course, the students must do a one-year compulsory internship program. Hence, the total duration of the course is four years. With an internship, the B Sc optometry course is considered completed.
BSc Optometry Course Details
|Course Name||B Sc Optometry|
|Full form||Bachelor of Science in Optometry|
|Level of Course||Undergraduate/ Bachelors|
|Specializations Covered||Vision therapy, occupational vision, contact lenses, ocular disease, geriatric, sports vision, pediatric, low vision, education, and research|
|Course Duration||3-year course|
|Course Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 1,00,000|
|Job Roles after Course Completion||Optometrist, Sales Executive, Optician, Teacher, Eye Specialist, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Industries||Hospitals, ophthalmic lens industry, optician showrooms, MNCs dealing in eye care products, Lens manufacturing units, Contact lenses|
|B Sc Optometry Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 8,00,000 annually|
Why Study B Sc Optometry?
- After graduation, the students become adept professionals through hands-on training. With regular field visits, students learn about optometric practices, aspects of clinical optometry, pediatric optometry, and binocular eye diseases.
- The students get a chance to participate in industrial safety programs. They can pursue their practice and serve government-managed organizations to contribute to the welfare of society.
- B Sc Optometry is the basis for higher studies in fields such as MSc, PhD, and MPhil degrees. After completion of post-graduation, the candidate becomes eligible for the post of lecturer in the college.
- The scope of B Sc Optometry in India and abroad is vast. It is a dynamic course in which one can achieve personal growth and get respect from society.
- After completing the course, the students can establish independent practice by starting their own eye clinic, optical shop, and lens manufacturing unit.
What is the Admission Process for B Sc Optometry?
BSc Optometry course details and admission process vary from college to college. The candidates avail admission based on marks obtained in 10+2. Some universities also grant admission based on merit.
- Check the eligibility criteria of your desired B Sc optometry colleges.
- You can apply online or visit the college to complete the application form.
- Check BSc Optometry course details before applying for admission.
Documents Required to Take Admission to B Sc Optometry Colleges
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of Class X or XII examination.
- Proof of date of birth.
- School leaving certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Domicile certificate/ residential proof or certificate
- Provisional certificate
- Character certificate
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Caste certificates
- Proof of disability (if any)
- Migration Certificate
Note: Every college shares its document list. We recommend you take attested photocopies of all the documents to complete the admission process.
B Sc Optometry Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who aspire to seek admission to the B Sc Optometry course must follow the minimum eligibility criteria given below:
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Some reputed B Sc optometry colleges and universities conduct entrance examinations.
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age at the time of admission. There is no maximum age limit for BSc Optometry course details.
How do you get admission to good B Sc optometry colleges?
There are several B Sc Optometry Colleges in India. Read the following tips to help you understand how to secure a seat in a top-ranked college:
- You need to plan early. Start preparing for the entrance exam before completion of 10+2.
- Keep track of application dates. There is a high chance that you will miss any changes in dates. Regularly visit the college’s website for all updates.
- You need to be mentally prepared for all the rounds of entrance tests, i.e., counseling/personal interviews. You should be relaxed for the preparation of the examination.
BSc Optometry Course Details and Curriculum
- Basic Accountancy
- Clinical psychology
- Community and occupational optometry
- Computer basics
- Contact Lens
- Functional English and Communication
- Geriatric Optometry and Paediatric Optometry
- General Biochemistry & Ocular Biochemistry
- General Physiology and Ocular Physiology
- General Anatomy and Ocular Anatomy
- Geometrical Optics
- Hospital Procedures
- Hospital Procedures
- Low vision aids
- Ocular Diseases of Eye & Systemic Diseases
- Optometric Dispensing Optics and instruments
- Clinical Examination of Visual System
- Pathology and microbiology
- Physical/ visual optics
- Public relations
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Squint and binocular vision
B Sc optometry Scope and Salary Package
- Optometrist - 3.5 lakhs+
- Eye optician - 4 lakhs+
- Sales Executive - 2.5 lakhs+
- Teacher - 3 lakhs onwards+
- Optometry researcher - 5 lakhs+
- Junior eye doctor - 4.5 lakh onwards+
Job Opportunities for B Sc Optometry
The scope of a BSc in Optometry includes various job roles, such as:
- Clinical Optometrist
- Optometry Consultant
- Research Optometrist
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Vision Therapist
- Contact Lens Specialist
- Low Vision Specialist
- Pediatric Optometrist
- Occupational Optometrist
- Optometry Educator
- Sales and Marketing in the Optics Industry
- Hospital or Clinic Administrator
- Ophthalmic Product Development Specialist
- Optometry Practice Manager
In conclusion, a B S Optometry offers diverse eye care and vision health job opportunities. This course equips students with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in various optometry-related professions. Choosing a reputable institution is essential for those aspiring to pursue this rewarding field of study. Among the best options available, CGC Jhanjeri stands out as a premier college that provides quality education and excellent opportunities for future optometry professionals. If you're ready to embark on a career in optometry, don't miss the chance to be a part of CGC Jhanjeri's esteemed program. Apply now to start your journey towards a promising and fulfilling career in optometry.