The world today is all about digital communication that facilitates processes at a faster pace than ever before. By fusing hardware, software, and components together, electronics and communication engineers are continuously introducing advanced technologies that are giving new goals to this modern era. The finest engineers who began their careers after B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering are today the curators of technology and are also an inspiration to budding engineers.
For those who are planning their higher education in the path of electronics and communication engineering, it is vital to explore various vertices and look for their area of interest. The course curriculum for B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering constitutes the study of embedded logic design, signals and waves, analog and digital communication, digital signal processing, circuits, logic design, etc. The ultimate focus of this curriculum is to infuse a professional skill set in the students and make them pertinent in their career ahead.
Electronics and Communication Engineering - Let’s check out the scope
Electronics and communication engineering is flourishing very fast and so is the demand for ECE professionals. According to a report, the employment prospects in the field of electronics engineering are expected to soar up to 7% from the year 2020 to 2030. With this projection, it is clear that there is no slowdown in the employment opportunities and great career options shall stay here for longer.
Moreover, the technological gain ground where the use of VLSI(Very Large Scale Integration) in electronics and communication engineering is continuously introducing more compact appliances/devices, is giving the world some astounding technologies.
There is always a huge demand for adept professionals and once you complete your engineering in ECE, you may get into any of these roles as per your industry of choice.
- Electronics Engineer: An electronics engineer is the one who is mainly responsible for designing and developing some smarter electronic systems and their components. Such a professional can be pulled in any development stage and shall provide his expertise in exploring new vertices.
- Communication Engineer: As a communication engineer, a professional’s role is to work on electrical communication systems from their research to their design and development.
- Electronics Design Development Engineer: The electronics design and development engineer uses analytical and mechanical skills to design various equipment that can be used in industrial, electrical, and diagnostic processes.
- Desktop Support Engineer: To troubleshoot various issues related to network connection, computer hardware, or software in an organization, a desktop support engineer plays an important part.
As a part of their core skill, the electronics and communication engineers work in an environment of research and development in various industries to invent and redesign a better technique with precise processing. Apart from VLSI, artificial intelligence, microelectronics, machine learning, neural networks, etc. are also harnessed. The B Tech ECE freshers have wide-ranging industries to opt for. These include
- Mobile Communication(ranging from 2G, 3G, 4G to the upcoming 5G)
- Radio Engineering
- Healthcare Equipment
- Power Industry
- Software and Hardware Integration
- Automotive and more.
Apart from many private-sector jobs in multinational companies, there are immense public sector opportunities that can be taken up after the successful completion of B Tech in electronics and communication. The defense forces, civil aviation, DRDO, NPL, railways, and other public sector domains need proficient electronics and communication engineers to pour in their latest learnings into new developments.
Electronics and communication engineering is undoubtedly a futuristic stream that creates amazing technologies to help the world proceed better. If you are interested in choosing this as your higher education after 10+2, be sure to look for an institute that is among the best ECE colleges in India and provides you with a balanced exposure to both theoretical and practical learning.
Chandigarh Group of Colleges Jhanjeri is one of the best ECE colleges in Mohali, Punjab. Get more information from CGC Jhanjeri’s officially website.